About iExec RLC
The price iExec RLC today is 2.78 USD, and the trading volume in 24 hours - 19,503,401 USD. The crypto asset has grown by 3.96% over the day. Currently, the coin’s market capitalization is 222,664,945 USD, and has 80,070,793 coins in circulation with the max supply of 100,000,000 coins RLC.
What is iExec (RLC)?
While blockchain has many advantages, it suffers from problems such as limited computing capabilities and hence scalability. iExec aims to solve this problem by creating a cloud computing infrastructure in which decentralized applications can access various cloud computing services.
iExec is an open source decentralized cloud computing platform powered by the Ethereum blockchain. iExec provides decentralized applications (dApps) with on-demand access to computing resources and technologies in the iExec cloud.
iExec has built a blockchain network where dApps can take advantage of cost-effective and high-performance resources such as servers, databases, SaaS applications, web hosting, and computer farms.
IExec's own cryptocurrency, the RLC token, is the main asset used to access services in the iExec infrastructure. RLC is short for "Working on a large number of computers".
Who is the creator of iExec?
IExec is headquartered in Lyon, France. The project was founded by Gilles Fedac and Haiwu Hye, both holding the positions of CEO and Head of the Asia-Pacific Region of iExec, respectively. Oleg Lodygensky-Technical Director.
Gilles Fedac received his doctorate from the University of Paris in 2003 and worked as an INRIA (Inventeurs du Monde Numerique) research fellow at ENS in Lyon, France. Similarly, Hayou received a Master of Science and a PhD from the University of Sciences and Technology of Lille, France.
On April 19, 2017, iExec launched a token sale and raised over $ 12 million in exchange for 86,999,784 RLC.
What makes iExec unique?
iExec relies on XtremWeb-HEP, an open source desktop software developed by CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research) and INRIA.
iExec is built on the Ethereum blockchain, which allows it to use smart contracts to coordinate the access of computing resources to dApps.
These smart contracts contain information about the nature of computing resources, such as disk space, RAM, and processor type.
Key Features of iExec (RLC)
- Innovation: iExec has created an innovative platform that enables the use of applications for big data and high performance computing (HPC).
- Availability: High computing performance is an expensive and complex service, but iExec has provided on-demand access to the computing resources available on the iExec platform.
- Improved: iExec uses mature XtremWeb-HEP software that has been around for about 10 years. The software is well established in many fields, such as aeronautics, signal processing, finance, high energy physics, etc.
iExec runs on the Ethereum blockchain, which provides direct peer-to-peer interaction between resource providers and resource consumers. The Ethereum blockchain eliminates the participation of third parties, which significantly reduces the cost.
How many RLC coins are in circulation?
As of February 2021 in treatment was 80 070 793 coins RLC, in the absence of the maximum sentence.
How is the iExec network protected?
iExec is based on the Ethereum blockchain, providing secure and transparent peer-to-peer transactions. This is a platform where dApps can use resources on demand from the iExec cloud computing infrastructure.
The RLC token is an integral part of the iExec cloud computing platform, unlike many other cryptocurrencies that only allow p2p transactions.
- To own your crypto assets, you need to manage your own private keys.
- Ledger hardware wallets make private key management easy and secure.
- Each unique 24-word recovery phrase creates a new set of private keys.
- Make sure you secure your 24-word recovery phrase properly.