Select...
Loading...
Coinbase Pro
RankCoinbase Pro
Name
Volume (24h)
Visits
Avg.Liquidity
No.Markets
Launched
Volume Graph
Coinbase Pro
000
Loading...

About Coinbase Pro

Coinbase is one of the oldest and most popular cryptocurrency exchanges on the market, founded in June 2012 by Brian Armstrong and Fred Ersam, and based in the United States, is a platform for exchanging, buying, selling and storing cryptocurrencies. In 2016, Coinbase took the second position in the Richtopia ranking of the 100 most influential organizations in the blockchain. 

It is a reliable, secure and easy-to-use platform and the world's most popular website for buying and selling cryptocurrencies. The service is known for its simplicity, which makes it an important player to get started in cryptocurrency.

Coinbase allows you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies for fiat currencies, as well as safely convert them. It also offers the ability to receive or send cryptocurrency to other wallets. 

The platform works with credit and debit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal. Its fees are slightly above average and depend on the currency. In fiat funds, the commission for a purchase or sale transaction with a credit card is 1.49% and 3.99%. Top-up by bank transfer is free of charge, but the withdrawal fee is 0.15%.

Only 2% of customer funds are stored online, the remaining 98% are stored in cold storage and distributed across multiple storage media. Coinbase also offers a safe deposit box service that provides an additional layer of security. If you place your cryptocurrencies there, their withdrawal is subject to additional verification. It is even possible to involve multiple users in the transaction verification process.

Coinbase has a particularly easy-to-use interface. This is also one of the keys to success. To buy, sell or convert cryptocurrency, all you have to do is fill out a simple and intuitive form. The operation is fast, but it is carried out at the market price. You cannot open a position at the buy or sell price.

Coinbase is a platform that is still considered one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. It continues to evolve and even has several other services, including Coinbase Earn (to learn more about cryptocurrencies), or Coinbase Pro, which is more focused on experienced traders.

The exchange platform also offers two mobile apps available on iOS and Android: Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Wallet. Coinbase Pro uses the design and ergonomics of the website to provide the same services.  Coinbase Wallet is a wallet that allows you to store cryptocurrency outside of the platform. It supports many cryptocurrencies, but some of the assets available on the website are missing.

To attract new customers and support newcomers, an original program was launched on the platform. Coinbase regularly launches a campaign dedicated to cryptocurrency to present its work and its benefits. Participants are invited to view a video tutorial followed by a multiple-choice question. If the answer is correct, the exchange offers a few dollars in the cryptocurrency associated with the campaign.

The platform offers a very good level of security. Access to your account and transactions can be secured with two-factor authentication, as well as email confirmation. 

With 20 million customers and extensive experience in the crypto market, Coinbase is one of the most important platforms in the crypto industry. The exchange, based in San Francisco, is subject to US laws and regulatory authorities.

Thus, it guarantees the security of the invested funds, but also ensures the legality of their origin and use. Your account will be frozen if you make a cryptocurrency transfer from a dubious site, especially on the darknet or using an online casino.

Summary

  • To own your crypto assets, you need to manage your own private keys.
  • Ledger hardware wallets make private key management easy and secure.
  • Each unique 24-word recovery phrase creates a new set of private keys.
  • Make sure you secure your 24-word recovery phrase properly.
Loading...