What is Elastos (ELA)?
Elastos (ELA) is the first open Internet source operating system with a decentralized peer-to-peer infrastructure based on blockchain technology. It can be used to authenticate digital rights, transfer contracts, turn digital information into assets and will serve as a new, smarter and safer world wide web, also called the Internet of Wealth.
Elastos strives to be the safe and reliable Internet of the future. This will create an environment in which applications can be disconnected from the Internet for full control over their digital assets, such as books, movies, software or games. Even the average person who does not have digital properties can benefit from Elastos Web, since it makes it possible to process personal data or resell digital goods.
Moreover, Elastos is conceived as a platform for decentralized applications (dApps). However, it should not be confused with other blockchain projects as represents a blockchain-based operating system. It operates together with other blockchain projects and can be used to run dApps directly on the device instead of the blockchain, thereby solving the three main problems of the modern Internet-security, scalability and decentralization.
Elastos users will access dApps using conventional devices (PCs and mobile phones). According to the team, the Internet that we use today is an information web. Elastos Web will serve as another economic zone in which Elastos tokens are the base currency.
Who is the creator of Elastos (ELA)?
Elastos was founded by Chen Rong, who conceived the idea in 2000. He founded the Elastos Foundation together with Feng Han in June 2017. Today, the project employs more than 50 experienced professionals and well-known developers.
In addition, the company has established many partnerships and received the support of organizations such as NEO, Bitmain, Tsinghua Science Park and others.
What is the uniqueness of Elastos (ELA)?
Elastos is unique in such features in bringing the greatest benefit to:
- Consumer and corporate infrastructure of the Internet of Things (IoT) and / or industrial software. A sustainable Internet of Things requires reliable and secure software for smart devices. Elastos will help to implement infrastructure and industrial software.
- Consumer dApps. Elastos contributes to the development of the digital economy by providing scarcity and selling digital assets such as films, books and other digital goods (and reselling them as tangible items).
- Corporate dApps. The ability to track supply chains and information on value chains using side chains.
How many Elastos (ELA) coins are in circulation?
With the maximum offer - 24,286,696 ELA, there are - 19,379,231 tokens in circulation.
At the moment, the cost of ELA is 2.78 USD, with a daily trading volume of 1,806,093 USD, and a market capitalization of 53,830,872 USD.
How is the Elastos network protected?
Elastos uses the Internet as a base-level infrastructure. Everything in the Elastos ecosystem (virtual machines, devices and dApps) has a decentralized identifier (DID) issued by the blockchain. Every time an application requests Internet access, Elastos uses the blockchain to verify the request.
Elastos Smart Web guarantees that you simply will not be able to access the Internet while using them. This separation protects users from malware, attacks and other malicious activities on the network.
- To own your crypto assets, you need to manage your own private keys.
- Ledger hardware wallets make private key management easy and secure.
- Each unique 24-word recovery phrase creates a new set of private keys.
- Make sure you secure your 24-word recovery phrase properly.